iMBA Study Tour, 25-27 March 2022
The MBA domestic enterprise study tour is part of the curriculum of the SOM international MBA program. The tour aims to provide insights into domestic industries outside the Greater Taipei Area, foster the interaction between companies and university students, and increase the understanding of Taiwan’s workplace culture. One of the most discussed topics this year was the impact of the corona pandemic, especially on the hospitality and tourism industry.
• TCC DAKA Industrial Eco Park (Taiwan Cement Corporation) a sustainable project on industrial communication, social collaboration and community revitalization which received a Global Corporate Sustainability Award (GCSA) Best Practice Award in 2021
• Farglory Hotel Resort in Hualien, Management
• Wuhe Tea Tourist Plantation, Princess Coffee
• Amis Mochi, a Millet Mochi factory where participants had the chance to try their Mochi making skills
Before the tour, students joined preparatory sessions where they introduced not only into the companies and sectors, but also into the necessary analytical tools for writing their assignments after the tour. Apart from company visits, partcipants also had the chance to experience the natural beauty of Taiwan’s east coast and aboriginal culture by visiting the Luanshan village, a Bunun-tribe settlement on the lower slopes of Mt. Dulan in Taitung county.
Professor Shih-hao Lu, Director of the MBA program, Professor Karl Akbari, Professor for Marketing in the MBA program, have to be thanked for their academic guidance, and students of EMBA program for their organizational support!
TCC DAKA Induustrial ECO Park
Participants trying out their Mochi making skills at Amis Mochi, Hualian
Visit to Luanshan village, a Bunun-tribe settlement on the lower slopes of Mt. Dulan in Taitung county
iMBA Study Tour, 20 - 21 January 201
The two-day iMBA Study Tour 2021 was held 20 - 21 January 2021, visiting companies in Hsinchu, Taichung, and Tainan.
• ITRI Industrial Technology Research Institute, Hsinchu
• GEOSAT Aerospace & Technology Inc., Tainan
• Cycling Culture Museum (Giant), Taichung
• Bomy Group (Chou Chin Industrial Co., LTD),Taichung (Bomy Fruit & Vegetable Juice; largest beverage OEM factory in Taiwan)
Bomy Group (Chou Chin Industrial Co., LTD),Taichung
GEOSAT Aerospace & Technology Inc.,
Overseas Study Tour to Nagoya and Shanghai in 2019
The iMBA program organized a 5-day overseas study tour to Shanghai, PR China and Nagoya, Japan in 2019.
The program in Shanghai included visits to Minato Hot Pot Group, Fubon Hua Yi Bank, Kid's King Group, and IGFD Group.
The trip to Japan was filled with a visit to SOM partner institution, the Nagoya University of Business and Commerce, followed by company visits in Kyoto and Osaka, including Toyota, Shyoeido Incense, Asahi Beer, and the Osaka Innovation Hub..
Graduation Ceremony 2020
Proud of their MBA-degrees! Students celebrate the successful completion of the two-year program with iMBA faculty and staff. More photos can be found on the 2018 iMBA student intake's facebook page.
iMBA students shot the "2019 IMBAThrowback" video, looking back at important events of the iMBA program in the year 2019.